Front End Developer
At Flexciton, we are leading the 4th industrial revolution by bringing A.I. to manufacturing. We build on pioneering research to completely revolutionise the way the manufacturing industry operates. Whilst only a young startup, we work with some of the largest and most advanced manufacturers in the world!
We are here to transform the way the largest companies in the world make their products, by building a platform that is solving an extremely difficult problem - one that would be impossible for a human to solve. In 2018 Flexciton was voted one of the world’s most disruptive companies on the Disrupt 100 List.
Our mission is to become THE artificial intelligence company for manufacturing and help every plant in the world increase their efficiency through A.I.
We’re looking for a Front End Developer who will be an exceptional addition to our small tight knit team. As a Front End Developer you will contribute significantly to the design and development of a clean, scalable and user friendly web application that makes sense of a factory's data and clearly communicates these complex ideas to an end user.
About the role
You will work in a technical multi-disciplinary team which values collaboration and continuous learning in a company which works with large and technologically advanced semiconductor factories. Some of your responsibilities will involve:
- Collaborating closely with our product team to design and deliver UI features that meet the needs of our customers
- Implementing and maintaining features of our existing single page application (SPA)
- Collaborating closely with our backend development team to understand the requirements needed from the backend for a UI feature
- Building quality into our product through the implementation of unit and e2e tests
This role would suit someone who has a strong affinity for UX/UI design and wants to help shape how the UI of our product grows and develops over time.
- Experience working on professional Single Page Applications(SPAs) using any of the leading SPA frameworks e.g Angular, React, Vue etc
- Excellent working knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Experience interfacing with a backend API to fetch, manipulate and display data
Nice to Haves
- Experience using e2e testing frameworks e.g cypress, selenium
- Experience with visual regression testing
- Experience building API endpoints with Python
- Experience building adaptive and responsive user interfaces
- Comfortable using Web APIs e.g Web Storage API
- Excellent knowledge of browser developer tools
Expectations (3-6 months)
At Flexciton, we move fast as we’re building a product to meet our client’s needs. Our product is in high demand and as a result you can expect to be working on new features regularly.
In the first 3-6 months you will work closely with our product team and can expect to pair-program with our developers to implement and deploy new UI features for our users. Expect to be building new UI features, fixing bugs, refactoring existing code and helping to implement new frontend processes. And if you are new to Angular and writing acceptance tests then in the first 3-6 months you can expect to develop/expand your knowledge in these areas.
- Competitive salary between £35-55k based on skills and experience
- Stock Options, so when we make it big you do!
- 25 days holidays + bank holidays (an extra day of holiday for every year of service after 2 years - up to 30 days!)
- We're in a WeWork space so perks available such as Barista, Yoga, Free Beer
- L&D budget of £500 per year to invest in your growth
- Monthly Team Lunch and Dinner
- Annual Team Trip
- Season Ticket Loan/Cycle to Work Scheme
- A range of perks and discounts through CharlieHR
1st stage - Initial call with People and Talent Partner / Lead Tech Recruiter
2nd stage - Tech Screen Interview with two Lead Developers
Final stage - Management interview split into two parts - First part with a Team Lead and our VP of Engineering together, followed by a meeting with our CTO Dennis.
Why join us
We’re still a young startup (~40 employees, ~70% engineers) but we’re at an inflection point. Our software is running live and providing gains in a world class semiconductor factory and we will soon be scaling to many more. We are expecting to grow the engineering team several fold in the coming years so this is an extremely exciting time to join. If you’re not interested in writing yet another CRUD app and are looking for some unique challenges and complex problems to solve then this is the place for you.
We were recently voted one of the world’s most disruptive companies on the Disrupt 100 List and are well funded with the aim to take even more funding in the coming months to support our ambitious growth plan. Our biggest asset, though, is our people. We have an open culture where everyone’s opinion is heard and everyone has the opportunity to shape the future of our technology. At our size, every developer is crucial and has a big impact on our final product.
Finally, we are having a big impact on the world. The factories we optimise create things that are all around us. They’re in the device you’re reading this on and countless other devices in your home. They’re used in healthcare, aviation, automotive, robotics, communications, IoT and many more and they’re in limited supply making our software even more vital to our customers who are under pressure to increase output. In short, there’s never been a better time to join Flexciton.
At Flexciton, we value diversity and foster an inclusive environment. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and we want to ensure that our recruitment process is accessible to everyone. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation during the process, please do not hesitate to let us know.